Thursday, August 27, 2009

My Awesome Sis!


I am so lucky to have two great sisters! Though Marilyn is 7 1/2 years older than me and Amber nearly eight years younger, we are best friends. Marilyn has been visiting from Nicaragua this past week and I am reminded again and again of how good she is to me! Here's just one example...As I mentioned in my 8 month post, Genevieve's sleeping has regressed a bit and she's been crying and getting up at 3:00 am to nurse. I figured I'd break her of the habit (i.e let her 'cry it out') when our schedules got back to normal when school starts. Well, Genevieve's crib is in the room Marilyn (and her daughter, Erika) are sleeping. The first night they were asleep before I went to bed and I didn't want to wake them to check if the baby monitor was on. I figured it probably was on and, if not, then I would probably hear Genevieve. So I went to sleep and next thing I know, it's 6:00 am and Marilyn is bringing Genevieve to our bed. She had listened to her crying for 30 minutes at 3:00 am making sure she was okay and, being the experienced mom of six that she is, she had no problem listening to her half-asleep fussing. I told Marilyn she could bring Genevieve to me as soon as she started crying but she said it was no big deal. So, the next 3 nights, I got more long (heavenly) nights of sleep while my awesome sis made sure Genevieve was okay; last night she actually slept on her own until 5:30. Thanks, Marely (oh, and can you just move in with us?)!!!!

Here's another picture from this week of dinner at Roaring Rapids with Marilyn, Erika, my Dad and Kathleen...

4 comments:

MarcusJacob said...

And if I ever have a baby can you come live with me Marely!

Amber said...

I think that I have the BEST sisters! Neither of you are allowed to say that you do ;)

Liz Dacar said...

How nice to have that help from your sister!! Love the pictures!

Smith Family said...

I hope that my three daughters will be as close as you and your sisters. What a special bond that you all share.