Thursday, April 9, 2009

My Crazy Time

Spring sports season is officially underway and I felt the effects of it today. I love that my kids enjoy playing sports and I love watching them play. Getting them to all their practices and coaching them can be challenging! Today I had a pretty typical afternoon schedule-wise but it was made difficult by a fussy baby (thank goodness Genevieve is not usually fussy) and a lot of rain. After school, I picked up the three big kids and they got changed in the car while I tried to nurse Genvieve. She had just nursed an hour before but was fussy so I tried again. All the while Gabrielle was falling apart because the soccer socks I packed were tight and very hard for her to get on and Willem needed help with his socks as well and the rain continued to pour and Genevieve continued to scream! They needed help with shoes as well. Ugh! Luckily Cade was a superstar getting ready himself and even helping a little with the others. Then it was off to coach Willem with Genevieve in the frontpack, umbrella in hand. Gabrielle went off to her practice and Cade helped me with Willem's. After about 10 minutes, Genevieve fell asleep (yeah!). When Willem was done, I got him into some dry clothes (in the car again) so he could play basketball in the school gym (a dad is doing some skills training a couple days a week) and I hurried taking Cade to his soccer practice a few miles away. He was soaking wet from helping me (no umbrella for him), so we searched for extra clothes, socks, soccer shoes in the car and got him to practice just in time. Then it was back to pick up Willem from basketball and get Gabrielle from her practice and get them home (as well as 3 cousins who joined for the ride home). Chad arrived home 15 minutes after I got home (just enough time to feed Genevieve again and put a load of wash in ~ lots of wet clothes) and I headed back to town to pick up Cade. Chad offered to get him but I wanted to get him for the peace and quiet I would enjoy in the car as I had left the 3 younger kids at home with Chad. It was 3.5 hours of craziness! Dinner was toast, hard boiled eggs (for Easter Egg decorating later) and strawberries! I was grateful there was no homework tonight because the kids have tomorrow off. I am really hoping for my normally not fussy baby to return and for sunshine (and I am going to buy soccer socks that are easy to put on)!

Here are some pictures I took of Genevieve earlier (before the craziness began!). I love this outfit on her but she is starting to outgrow it:

She wasn't fussy here!

Genevieve has been sucking on her hands a lot lately

Sweetie Pie!

4 comments:

Amber said...

Someday you'll look back on this and remember in awe! I think you're way more of a trooper than I'll ever be :)

MarcusJacob said...

Yet you still found the energy to post and I would have never known it rained so much if you hadn't!

Smith Family said...

Okay, that post makes me definitely want to stop at 3. I just don't know how you do all of that. It made me tired just reading it but I am sure all of the years of public accounting prepared you for this :)

Anonymous said...

she needs mycock to suck