Today was the Champions League Final which is like the Super Bowl in Europe for soccer. And it didn't go the way our boys wanted! While the game was on, I went outside to plant some flowers and heard a loud cry. So I ran in the house thinking Willem was hurt...but no, much worse, Barcelona had scored a second goal on Manchester United (Man U) and Willem was crying pretty hysterically! The game was almost over and it looked as though Man U and the boys' favorite player, Cristiano Ronaldo, were going to lose. I thought to myself, 'where does this come from?' and thought how he was overreacting but then I remembered when I was a kid on my knees in front of a cross that hung on a wall in our house praying (begging) to God that the Dallas Cowboys would come back in a play-off game (I think against the Steelers); I probably had a tear in my eye as well (the Cowboys lost)! After school, Cade watched the Man U game and, after the second Barcelona goal, he too got very irritated and almost cried. Our kids are definitely passionate! I love these shots I snuck of Willem in his despair...
Thanksgiving, Plus Some...
6 years ago
4 comments:
sweet boy. Just made me laugh and laugh. The biting the table is way tooo funny :-)!!!!!
Awesome post Leticia!! I love the story about you as a kid too! (Good job planting your flowers too ;)
I didn't know you were a cowboys fan. I too have been known to shed a tear and pray for the Dallas Cowboys to win.
Looks like that table has been bit a few times :-)
Post a Comment