Tonight Gabrielle's 3rd grade team, which I coach with Jennifer, played their last game of the season. It was against the top team and the only team we have lost to this season. We couldn't overcome the strength and athleticism of the other team and we lost 4-1 but our girls played very well, out-passing their opponent and just playing good soccer. Gabrielle got the lone goal off a great assist from her cousin, Athena. The girls ended the season with a 4-2-2 record in the upper 3rd grade league. After the game we went to Putters for pizza, trophies and lazer tag!
This is so Genevieve, just hanging out and taking in all the activity
Cade also played a game this afternoon in the Little Metros league where the club has asked his U10 team members to fill in on various teams. It's been a little frustrating for Cade because he was put on a weak team to try to help them out. I was very proud of him today because he encouraged his teammates and did not show his frustration on the field. I thought he was just taking it all in stride realizing that this was just good practice for him. But as soon as the final whistle blew he came to me and said, quite emphatically, that he was NEVER playing with that team again and that is was SO frustrating! He was getting hacked at the whole game, always had three or more defenders on him and though his team tried, it was tough to get much support. All the while he was trying to hold himself together and it was eating away at him that they were losing. At least he is learning to control it on the field!
I got a few good shots as I was trying out my new camera:
I got a few good shots as I was trying out my new camera:
2 comments:
Are you already loving your new camera for sports shots? So fun!! I like Cade's form on the picture of his shot on goal. Gotta love that sweet picture of Genevieve too. Oh, and my favorite of Elle is with Jennifer :) Such sweet moments.
Nice commentary... I can feel Cade's struggle!
Post a Comment