Sunday, May 3, 2009

Eugene Half Marathon

Today was the Eugene Marathon (half for me!) and I have to admit I was dreading the run because my training hasn't been great and my feet have been hurting and I just wanted to sleep! But I got myself out of bed at 5:30 am and got myself out there, even nursing Genevieve in the car at 6:30 a couple blocks from the start to be sure she had enough until I was done. I was pleasantly surprised that my feet didn't hurt too bad during the run and I was able to pace myself pretty well (i.e. I didn't go out too fast). I actually felt pretty good throughout the run and finished the half-marathon in 1:50:15 or an 8:25 pace, a time I was happy with! A big thank you to Chris, Kendall & Brandy who got me out there running these past couple months (and to Amy & Sheri who watched Genevieve for a bunch of runs)! It was just a great atmosphere out there with a lot of my friends and family running or cheering us all on and I loved seeing Chad and the kids at the finish line! After the run, we went to Jake and Kendall's for brunch (after a long shower!). Then it was off to three soccer games for the kids and a pizza parlor birthday party. I am ready for bed!



2 comments:

Amber said...

Good Job Teesh!! I'm so impressed by my big sis! It must have felt good to reach that finish line. I love Will's expression in the bottom pic :)

julie fulton said...

Good Job Teesh! You are amazing!