Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Our Blue-Eyed Girl (for now)

It is always exciting with a new baby to see which traits she will inherit. In the family I grew up in, there was one trait for which we did not have to guess ~ my six siblings and I all have blue eyes (no surprise with our Dutch immigrant parents). This makes it all the more fun for me to see what color eyes our kids will have. From Chad's hazel/green eyes and my blue eyes, we have one very blue-eyed boy in Cade, one green-eyed girl in Gabrielle and one brown-eyed boy in Willem. So, what about Genevieve? So far her eyes are quite blue. This, of-course, could change but my guess is they will stay blue because they remind me most of Cade's eyes when he was a baby and, as you can see in the picture of Cade below, he has very piercing and beautiful blue eyes. I will keep you posted on whether Genevieve's eyes stay that way!

Our blue-eyed (so far) Genevieve (here at 7 weeks)

Blue-eyed Cade

Brown-eyed Willem

Green-eyed Gabrielle (what a great sis!)

Hazel/Green-eyed Chad with Genevieve (at 7 1/2 wks)

Blue-eyed Leticia with Gabrielle

2 comments:

MarcusJacob said...

It's still hard to believe sometimes Willem is not the youngest.

Amber said...

I love creative posts! I've impressed Teeshy!