Saturday, November 19, 2011

Special Preview...

...of our Christmas card!

Photo Card
View the entire collection of cards.


It always feels like the Christmas season has really begun when I order our family Christmas card which I did tonight! We had a rare Saturday at home today (just one basketball game and a boxing class in the morning). So after working a little, I decided to conquer our Christmas cards. We don't have any recent family pictures but I figured I must have enough pictures of our kids on my computer to choose from. But, I wasn't quite happy with the pictures I had of our three oldest kids (or, in Elle's case, she didn't like a recent one that I liked), so I convinced them to let me take individual shots of them on our back deck. Getting Christmas card pictures of them now is a lot easier than those years when I had three toddlers/infants four or five years old and younger but it was still quite humorous. Here are some of the pictures that didn't make it but I still want to remember.

Cade did not want a haircut, he did not want to be serious and he did not want to be out there for more than five minutes! I'm glad I got a few Christmas-card-acceptable shots!

Gabrielle posed perfectly for every picture and all of them turned out great, though she was picky and didn't really like many of them!

Willem was mostly business and just wanted to be done though Cade stepping outside in the middle did not help my cause :) Thankfully, Willem did let me cut his hair beforehand which was so overdue.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, what great pictures! Love seeing all of them in collages and then reading about all of their personalities, which can be summarized based on 5 minute photo shoots :)) I think you'll love looking back at these ones. Nice work Teesh! I'm leaning towards using our family portraits this year, even through they're 5+ months old. Is that okay!? Otherwise, I may have you attempt a family picture on Thanksgiving again??

Marilyn said...

I love these! Love the personalities shining through them all. What a relief to get that done - I still have to figure mine out :-).

MarcusJacob said...

2nd Amber's comments about how their personalities come through in a 5 minute photo shoot. Guessing they'll deny it though :-)

Mary K said...

I love to see all of their personalities...so fun! Oh that Nev is just the cutest, sassiest thing I've ever seen. Great pictures, nice job Teesh:).