Thursday, November 17, 2011

Hunting

I sometimes tell Chad he did a bait and switch with me...when we met, dated (for 8 years!) and married, he was not a hunter, just a sports lover (football, basketball, track, etc).  He did hunt a little when he went to college for a year in Montana but I didn't know he'd caught the hunting bug until after we were married. At first it was a little hard having him gone numerous weekends and full weeks when he could. But since then, we've learned to compromise and he now just hunts for a 7-9 day stretch plus a weekend or two in the fall. And, Chad has started to take our boys along when he can. I've learned to appreciate how much Chad loves it and how he needs that time out in nature. I also love seeing how much Cade and Willem love to go along with their dad and I enjoy hearing their stories. This year Chad hunted in Idaho and Montana for about 8 days in September with Jake and two friends of Jake. And, Chad took Cade and Willem for a weekend in early September near the coast (those pictures are in a September post) and Cade for a weekend in November in Eastern Oregon. Here are some iphone pictures of the last two hunts...

Eastern Oregon:



One happy boy!


Idaho/Montana:
My handsome mountain man :)

One of Jake's friends got an elk the first weekend. It was the only elk they got that trip.

One of the camping spots

I'd prefer a nice hotel bed :)

Some gorgeous scenery

Jake
Idaho/Montana border

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

How awesome for Cade! Great memories with his Dad. Great picture of your mountain man :-).

Amber said...

What cool pictures of Idaho and Montana! What awesome memories for him, and with Cade and Will too. Sooooo fun for them! Somehow I don't think TOny will ever make this bait and switch on me ;)

Bethany Fegles Photography said...

Those are really fun photos! Josh and his brother and dad go hunting each fall... but we joke that it's more like "camping" because usually only one person in their group gets an elk or deer. :) But they love it. I went the first we were married to just see what it was all about and boy was it COLD and dusty! I'm SO with you - I prefer a hotel room! :) But I'm glad the guys can have their outdoor time!