Thursday, July 15, 2010

Girls Vegas Trip!!

My great friends, Julie, Christy, Liz, Amy and I left five husbands and fourteen kids at home for three great nights in Las Vegas to celebrate our 40th birthdays! We had such a great time with so many fun pictures and memories, it's hard to condense in all one blog post, but here goes.

Here's Julie and me enjoying our first drink in Vegas as Christy gets us checked into New York New York...

And all of us enjoying dinner our first night...

Then it was of to our first of many 'Big Chills/Fat Tuesdays' drinks, yum yum...

Posing with The Strip behind us...

Checking out some clubs where we danced with guys and gals much younger than us...

Liz and I toasting to NOT quite being 40 yet...

And taking a jello shot (for the first time in at least 15 years!)...

Lounging by the pool our first full day in Vegas. What a life! Feeling so lucky and relaxed...

Amy and I making use of the many hats Julie brought along!

Next it was a yummy lunch at Spago in the Forum Shops...

And then, my favorite part, shopping the afternoon and early evening away with a 'Fat Tuesday' in hand and great girlfriends by my side. I'm so happy!

Then we were off to Downtown Vegas for my other favorite thing, Blackjack in Vegas!

First a shot with the many showgirls...

We were so lucky to find an empty $5 table where we all played for two plus hours with the best dealer and (bonus) four out of five of us gals went away winners...

Liz and Julie helped out our cause with some carefully placed good luck chips...

We were so happy, we decided to take some pictures in the middle of the street at around 2:30 am...
 
After sleeping in (a little), it was off to the pool again. Okay, maybe this is my favorite thing...
We all certainly enjoyed the people watching at the pool. This guy and his 'buddies' put on a show all afternoon!

Then it was off to another great dinner, this time at Joe's in the Forum Shops. We all shared a room at NY NY and half the fun was getting ready together, sharing curling irons, clothes and jewelry and giving outfit advice. What a great group of friends I am so very lucky to have!! Don't they all look so pretty!


The Improv was a blast that night...

After more gambling and walking The Strip, we sat at a great piano bar at Harrahs and sang the night away. We had so much fun, I didn't want our last night in Vegas to end...


A big thank you to Julie, Christy, Liz and Amy for being such great friends for so many years, I feel so lucky to have you all, and to our fabulous husbands for holding down the fort while we were away. I'm ready to go back to celebrate our 41st birthdays!!

6 comments:

julie fulton said...

awesome! so much fun! loved your post! we are all so lucky to have each other :) now we have even more fun memories to add to our already HUGE collection!stralk

julie fulton said...

ha ha "stralk" was the verification word . . . sorry!

Liz Dacar said...

Good post! You summed up many, many good memories! That was such a good time.

Mary K said...

Teesh you are my idol! I love all of the pictures and the one of everyone jumping is so priceless!!! Plus I love your swim suit you hot mama you:). What a fun way to celebrate your birthdays!

Amber said...

I agree with Mary... you're a hot mama!!! It looks like you guys had such a great time! And, I agree that sharing a room, swapping curling irons and advising on clothes is some of the best bonding :)

Christy said...

Excellent blog!! Thanks for the memories.... Can't believe we have known each other for +33 years...can't wait for the next 33....