Monday, July 5, 2010

4th Festivities!

Our 4th of July started with a morning of sleeping in! Then it was off to the parade in Harrisburg at 11:00. Thanks to Grandma for saving us a prime spot!


The kids got a ton of candy and really enjoyed the parade this year. Grandma, Tere, Jake, Kendall and kids as well as Cheryl, Troy & Malia joined us. It was fun to visit and watch the kids in the great weather. Genevieve was a little unsure about the loud sirens at first but then mostly just sat with Grandma or me and just took it all in. She wasn't too interested in the candy and mostly just watched contently.


The guys were entertaining to look back at and watch as they were chatting and commenting on the parade.


Here's Jake and Kendall with their always entertaining kids, Payton and Ty. Plus Grandma and her girl....


And here is Cheryl, Kendall and Me. We have played soccer together through the years as well as run together and now we all three Crossfit together. I am always trying to keep up with them! Through our sports we have become very good friends!


These two (Cheryl's Malia and our Willem - Malia is six months older) are going to be so much fun to watch grow-up. They are both very tough, good athletes and pretty fearless. They are buddies and regularly tackle each other, climb trees together and battle each other in soccer!


One last shot of all the kids at the parade...


After the parade, we relaxed at home (okay, I spent the time cleaning out my refrigerator, getting some groceries and doing a load of wash :) then we headed to my Dad's for a bar-b-que and some card-playing! Here's a couple pictures of Elle and Athena. These two have so much fun together.


And here are a couple more shots from the afternoon...



Genevieve had fun on the deck at Opa's. On the right she was carefully putting ketchup from a plate on her face (maybe she thought it was make-up :)

Genevieve was having fun with Opa! She also played for a long time (while I played cards :) with Kathleen in a fort they made as well as her cousin Frances

After Dad's we went to the fireworks in Harrisburg. We had a big group there including James and Jenn's family and friends, my nephew, Daniel, from Nicaragua, Brandy and her family, Gertjan, Chad's mom, sister and family and more! It was so pretty by the river and just a perfect evening for being outside.

Pascal, Cade, Willem

Nev and Kyndsi

More cousins!

A perfect night by the river

Genevieve gave me this look several times that night. It was like she was wondering what the heck I was doing. I probably should get used to it :)



Genevieve seemed to enjoy the fireworks. She was animated at times saying whoa and clapping but mostly she just watched. I think she was a little tired though she did great.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I'm soooo impressed you got this post done already! How, I'm not sure. Love the pics of Nev-Nev. She's a beauty! Elle looks adorable in her outfit too... and those legs, phew, she's in good shape! So much more I could write. So glad you guys had a great holiday :))

julie fulton said...

I know, so weird that we were both at the parade. There were so many people there, I dont know if we ever would have found each other. I love your pics of the fourth, especially the one of you and the kids. It looks like you guys had fun! Can't wait for Vega$ !!!!