Saturday, October 17, 2009

Willem's Final Outdoor Game



Willem played his last Little Metro game on Friday. He started the season playing in the Kinder through 2nd grade 3v3 games with his assigned team but the last few weeks he's been showing up early and staying late to play in games with the 3rd & 4th graders. He LOVES it and has enjoyed running all over the field playing his heart out and also playing goalie. He spends the week before the games talking about which team he wants to play for and then arrives and starts asking the coaches if he can play with them. It is fun to see him take control and get in the games. He does quite well with the older kids especially in the goal. On the field he does well in part because he plays so hard. He was excited to score a goal last week! It's been fun seeing him practice on his own more and more at home in the yard.

In the first pictures below he is playing goalie. I wish I had a better shot. I love his expressions in the other pictures!




1 comment:

Amber said...

So much passion in those shots! I love hearing more about Will and seeing him grow up. He certainly surprises me. He was always so "go with the flow," but showing his desire to play with the older kids is a whole other side to him. So fun!! (P.S. How's you get that 1st picture so big!?)