Thursday, October 1, 2009

Corn Harvest...Willem's Favorite Time of the Year

Willem loves the dairy and his favorite part is harvest time when he can ride in the harvester, bulldozer and dump trucks. He stays on top of how many loads have come in each day as well as the weather forecast. He cannot wait until he is old enough to drive some of the equipment himself.

One of Willem's favorite activities is watching You Tube videos of farmers harvesting their crops. He has asked many times if we could make a video of our corn harvest. I finally did it for him and posted it on You Tube. It's pretty weak (shaky filming and all) but I did it! Here's the link in case you are interested :) I even figured out how to add music (one of the few songs I have on my computer and also one Willem likes!).

2009 Corn Harvest Coburg Oregon


Willem standing by the corn which is about to be chopped

After a ride on the harvester


The harvester (with Willem in it) chopping the last bit of corn in this field

2 comments:

MarcusJacob said...

So how many loads did Willem count?

Amber said...

Jacoby's favorite new video and he loves pointing out that Will is in the harvester!