My sister, Marilyn, is always asking for soccer updates (such a great aunt!) so I thought I'd post a quick mid-season update.
Cade:
Cade's EMFC Boca Jr team is playing in the top U12 Portland league and has now played eight games (yes, that's eight trips up and down I-5 in the past four weeks!). His team continues to improve as they work on mastering a new defense (called the 'Flat Four'). They tied both their games this weekend 2-2, making their season record thus far 0-3-5 (yes, that's five ties!). All their games have been close. Cade has three goals (out of the team's 10 total).
Cade's Boca team is also playing in the top U12 statewide league (eight best Oregon U12 teams aside from the Portland area) and his team is 1-0 in that league.
Cade's flag football team is now 2-1 and he is having a blast, looking forward to each game. He's scored one touchdown and had several interceptions and sacks.
Gabrielle:
Gabrielle's U10 EMFC Athletica team is playing in the top U11 (4th/5th grade) Kidsports league. Her team (consisting of four 3rd graders and nine 4th graders) played a team of very tall 5th graders and league leaders on Saturday; Elle's team outplayed them in the 1st half to a 1-0 lead but the other team tied it up on a free kick in the 2nd half ending it 1-1. Athletica won their Sunday game 4-1. Their record thus far is 2-1-2. Gabrielle has played center back (defense) most of the time but has scored one goal in her limited time playing forward.
Willem:
Willem has been a blast to watch in his Little Metros league. He is on a 1st & 2nd grade team playing 3v3 but has been LOVING getting to the fields early and staying late playing with the 3rd/4th grade teams. He loves to play goalie and did a great job playing that against the big kids. He is fearless! He also scored a goal against the big kids when he played on the field, dribbling over half the field, around defenders and being tenacious!
Thanksgiving, Plus Some...
6 years ago

2 comments:
I've heard a lot about Cade & Elle, but it's fun to read about Will being so fearless and tenacious! I wonder if it's being the youngest or just in him? So, so fun!
Thanks, Sis! I was thinking many times yesterday to call and find out about the weekend games :-). I wish I could see some of those games and cheer them on in person.
Post a Comment