Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Beaverton Cup

This is my first post using the blogger app on my iPhone. I'm hoping this will keep me more current with my posts especially when we are out of town!

This past weekend Willem played with the EMFC Dortmund Blue U11 team in the Beaverton Cup which was the qualifier for the NWCL. All the top Portland teams played and it was very competitive.  Willem's team lost 1-3 to WAFC, tied Southside 0-0, lost 1-4 to the eventual champion Westside Timbers Copa and lost 1-4 to Eastside Timbers Black. Though the team didn't get any wins they really competed with these top teams despite missing three starters as well as Max from Valencia and having not played together much. Their performance showed that this team will be competitive with the premier teams in the state in the coming years. Willem played well in goal as well as at forward and center defense.

Probably the most memorable thing about the weekend for Willem was having Irwin and Garret with us all weekend. Between games on Saturday, we took the team to downtown Portland and explored a bit. No soccer pictures this time but here are a few from our adventures in downtown as well as one of us checking out, once again, from Embassy Suites Sunday morning.


Walking the streets of downtown Portland where I used to walk most days when I worked at PriceWaterhouseCoopers


Another Sunday checking out of Embassy Suites!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I've been reading from a few people about mobile blogging... did you use the "blogger" app b/c there appears to be some other options. I downloaded it, but haven't used it yet. I'm sure it's in my future too! It was GREAT to see you on your stay in Portland. So glad that it worked out... couldn't ask for a better surprise lunch date :)