I love summer so very much, and yesterday was another reason why! We didn't have much planned for the day but it ended up being such a great day. Chad and I got up early to CrossFit together at 7:30, then Genevieve and I went to the park where we met a group of her preschool friends and their moms as well as my good friend Kendall and her son Ty. The kids had a blast playing together and Kendall and I ended up relaxing and chatting in the sun for nearly two hours after the other moms left (while Ty and Nev played great together). After that, I went home and worked for a couple hours and then finally started Will and Nev on a little summer reading/writing work and Nev surprised me by writing her name, in full, for the first time! Then, Nev and Will played in the sprinklers in the backyard for over an hour while Chad and I watched and enjoyed them from the deck. Finally, Chad and I took a walk in the fields. Did I mention I love summer :)!
Emilia, Libby, Genevieve and a friend of Libby
Her first attempt is in the middle (just missing the second to last 'e')
Her full name all by herself!
I love how much fun these two had together!
Inevitably the clothes came off of Genevieve!
Love these pics I got of Willem...
And, lastly, one of Chad and me...
2 comments:
Summer really is the BEST!! Even though it has been ridiculously hot & I've complained about it, I still do just love it. Those HOT days mean that playing in the sprinkler or any type of water all day is perfect. LOVE! Great job documenting just one of these types of days. Also, awesome for Nev to write her name so well!! It'll be an exciting year for her next year at school :) And, those pictures of Will really are awesome!! So "Will" (and such a resemblance in his expressions to Chad :)!
Love this representation of summer and love how you captured once again your kids enjoying each other! Great pics of Willem :-D too.
Post a Comment