Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Timbers vs. Red Bulls!

Chad and I took the kids to our first Portland Timbers MLS game a couple weeks ago and, once we finally got in the stadium (see below), we had a blast! What a cool atmosphere there at Jeld-Wen Stadium! The Timbers' Army and the rest of the crowd were loud the entire game and it was pretty cool to see Thierry Henry play as well. The game ended in a 3-3 tie which meant we got to see lots of goals! To top it off, our kids got to go down on the pitch to hold the MLS and Timbers flags during the introductions and Star Spangled Banner. So glad MLS soccer is finally in Portland!

Now about actually getting into the stadium....yup, somehow I managed to lose Chad and my tickets on the walk from the car to the stadium. Luckily the kids' tickets and their special wristbands for the pre-game activities were safely in my pocket but sadly ours were not. This led to a frantic search of the Subway restaurant where we stopped on our walk to the stadium, the car and my pockets and purse (numerous times!) all the while our kids were in the stadium practicing. We considered scalping tickets but were hesitant to fork over $100. Finally, I put on my saddest face (while holding Nev) and asked a Timbers employee for suggestions considering our big kids were already in the stadium! She took pity on me and found new tickets for us...at no cost! Sweet relief!




The kids thought it was pretty cool to be so close to Henry as he walked by them holding the flags!

What a GREAT atmosphere and setting in downtown Portland!

 The Timbers Army of fans stood and yelled the entire game!

David, Athena and Gabrielle

Nev fell asleep near the end of the game!


Cade, Pascal and Willem

GOOOOAL!!!

Cader!!

2 comments:

MarcusJacob said...

You told me about the game but not the getting in story, wow you must have been frantic!

Amber said...

Fun Leticia! I must admit though, that I don't know much of the soccer speak... I had to look up Henry, don't know the term "down on the pitch," etc. I feel out of it!