Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 4

We had a great and relaxing 4th of July which started with the Butte to Butte 10K. The best part is Chad and I did the race together which, believe it or not, is a first in the 25 years we have known each other! I have always wanted Chad to run races with me but he always shied away from road races and longer runs in general. But he was finally game this year and I loved sharing the experience with him. I thought I may have to slow down for him but, NO, he slowed way down for me! He even tried to chat during the run which I had no energy for! We finished the 10K in 49:09 minutes which is a 7:55/minute pace. Not my fastest but I was definitely happy as I haven't put in many miles lately.


Fist pumps at the end! So happy to have done it!

After the run, we hurried home and took the kids to the parade in Harrisburg. The boys especially loved seeing their cousins, Andy and Colin, and they all loved the candy! After the parade we relaxed all day at Grandma and Grandpa's house which was soooo nice. In the evening we headed to the fireworks in Harrisburg. The kids loved setting off their own fireworks and hanging out with their cousins, and we all enjoyed the big firework display though Genevieve was most interested in the bag of Sun Chips she got. She hasn't had chips much and she kept asking me (over and over again, while the big fireworks went off) if I got the chips at the store and then saying, "Thank you, Mom, thank you". Pretty sweet!


Daddy and Nev

 Willem and Grandpa

 Water balloon fights in Grandma's backyard!

Meanwhile, Nev was busy popping water balloons into the pitcher and then watering the plants...

...and finishing the icy water left from my drink

...giving me great smiles

...and swinging on the porch swing with her awesome big sis, Gabrielle!

Cade was very excited to be able to light his own fireworks for the first time this year

Cousins!

 
 More fireworks!

Cade with his Uncle Greg

Elle and Grandma

2 comments:

Amber said...

Looks like such a great holiday, Leticia. Love your pictures this time! So much crisp & clear ones, with great light & great smiles. How fun!!

Marilyn said...

GREAT pics. My favorite is the one of Chad with Nev. Gorgeous. Happy 4th!