Friday, November 12, 2010

Fall Leaves

The kids and Chad spent much of yesterday outside raking the massive amount of leaves that fall in our yard each year. Cade and Will were really good helpers. Willem said he wished they could do this everyday. Cade wasn't so enthralled by it but worked hard. Gabrielle somehow managed to spend the day at her cousins :) Nev loved it but took a nasty fall on the bricks in our front yard which resulted in a good cut on the back of her head and a fair amount of blood. She ended up falling asleep in my arms and I enjoyed the hour and a half she slept on my chest. Thankfully, she's doing just fine today.


4 comments:

Amber said...

I love the leaves! So awesome that Will loves to work. He's always going to be an outdoors man. Poor Nev!! It's not always fun being a kid :( Hope she's okay!

Marilyn said...

Great collage! How did Elle get out of all the fun :-)? We got to see some leaves in Michigan but most of them had already blown away.

MarcusJacob said...

I should have hired the Ficek family to help with my leaves... Willem would have loved going to the dump! twice!

Kathleen said...

Ohh...sorry I missed the leaves clean-up event. I raked leaves at friends' house in K-Falls and loved it! Opa laughed when I told him (and said Leticia would love the help). Oops..now I'll be on the next Konyn/Ficek work project crew!