Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Oh, Willem!



It's corn harvest season (his absolute favorite season) and here's a recent conversation Willem started with me:
Willem: Mom, you know what the BEST smell is?
Mom: No, Willem, what?
Willem: Corn...it just smells so good. It just, it just smells like home. I just love it.

And here's a conversation his teacher told me about today:
Girl classmate announcing to the class (about something the 1st grade parents have to do that the kids must then return to class): I don't think my mom can do that. See, she has a baby and she's really busy and I'm not sure she can do it.
Willem in all seriousness and a bit of disgust (loud enough for all to hear): Um, my mom has a baby and she has four kids. It's not that hard.
Teachers: couldn't help but laugh

Gotta Love that Willem!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Go Willem! Adorable :-).

Amber said...

I love these kinds of posts! Capturing conversations captures kids so much :) Oooo, corn harvest time huh!? How long does that go on... I need to see if I can make it down to show Jacoby.

MarcusJacob said...

Teesh you may be a "picker" but you're no complainer!