Wednesday, September 8, 2010

U of O Women's Soccer

I love that UO has a women's soccer team and we try to make it to a few games each year. It's a great atmosphere with a great field and cozy stadium where the fans are close to the action and the kids can run around and visit with the many friends from their soccer teams that are often there as well. Cade, Gabrielle and Willem have all gotten to be ball boys/girls already this season (we've made it to three games so far) which means their club teams were asked to provide kids to stand behind the goals and on the sideline during the game to retrieve balls that go out of bounds. I've enjoyed going to these games in beautiful 75 degree weather and have enjoyed visiting with my soccer mom friends! This past Sunday after our hike, Chad, the kids and I all went to a game and Gabrielle got selected to take part in the halftime activity which involved dribbling a huge ball around cones. Her team won and she got a free Junior Duck membership and a free burger. It was a fun afternoon! I didn't get my camera out except to capture Gabrielle in the halftime contest.

2 comments:

MarcusJacob said...

Go Elle!

Amber said...

Nice work Elle being a part of the winning team!!