The kids have been asking Chad all summer to take them camping, so Chad bit the bullet and took our three oldest camping for a night in the wilderness above Oakridge. I don't quite understand why or how but they had a blast! In 24 hours they roasted marshmallows, shot the bb gun many many times, destroyed an ant-infested tree stump, fished, hiked, slept in a little three person tent, coated themselves with mosquito repellent, got stung by bees, stuffed the four of them in Chad's little truck for the drive and ate at DQ in Oakridge! And they loved it! Meanwhile, Genevieve and I had a relaxing 24 hours with a clean house (that stayed clean :) plus Nev & I snuggled together all night (she doesn't sleep with us much anymore) and both of us slept soundly until 9:30 am! Nev did ask about her daddy and siblings many times throughout the day; it was very sweet and we were all happy to see each other again and swap stories this evening!
A bb gun, Swiss army knife and a fishing pole, what else does a kid need?
Oh ya, junk food, of-course!
Watch out for the ants, Will!
The Mountain Men and Woman!
4 comments:
They are Chad's kids :-)! Such great memories for them. I'm sure this will turn out to be an annual event for them. Might need to get a bigger tent.
Awesome job by Chad taking pictures!! Such fun memories :) Love the picture of them with their s'mores. Yum! Since neither Tony or I are campers... will Chad take our kids too ;)
I like the one with Cade pulling on Willem's shirt to try and protect him from the ants! Teesh, how is camping not fun???!
That's why we keep going every summer because the kids LOVE it.
Post a Comment