This past weekend we went to Portland for Gabrielle's soccer tournament. I so enjoy going to our kids' soccer tournaments especially when a fun group of parents and kids go like the Athletica group and we all stay at Embassy Suites with rooms next to one another. The girls loved ordering room service and watching movies at night while the parents were able to sneak away for dinner (thanks to older siblings and a couple dads for sticking around with the kids!). Though it was busy at times chasing Genevieve around at the games, I feel like I can really enjoy my kids and not worry at all about work or to-do lists at home when I am at these tourneys. Plus I just love watching our kids play soccer! The girls played well in some games and not their best in others. They ended up 2-1-1 with the loss coming to the eventual winner (Salmon Creek again) and the tie to the 2nd place finisher (United SA). Though they finished as the consolation winner, they showed they were one of the best teams there, they learned a lot and we all felt they should have been in the final had they played just a little better and/or a call or two would have gone their way...but that's sports! Overall, it was a great weekend and we all had a blast! Next up is Seattle this coming weekend for Cade!
The girls had so much fun together all weekend, playing soccer as well as just hanging out. Here are some of Elle's
teammates (Evyn, Athena, Elle, Kyndsi & Jordan) at the Nike campus after watching some older Eugene girls play a game there.
teammates (Evyn, Athena, Elle, Kyndsi & Jordan) at the Nike campus after watching some older Eugene girls play a game there.
The full team being silly!
Elle working hard
Elle playing with passion!
The girls all did each others' hair before games, it was very cute to watch. And Nev LOVED riding elevators and walking the halls
which I did with her for a couple hours one evening. It was fun just following her and enjoying my little girl!
which I did with her for a couple hours one evening. It was fun just following her and enjoying my little girl!
David and other parents and siblings were great, as always with Genevieve, helping me out the first two days before Chad was able to join us.
Genevieve had a ton of fun playing in the fountain at the Nike campus!
2 comments:
She's right -- that is a really great elevator! And that Uncle David is pretty great, too!
Looks like so much fun!! I love the pictures at Nike campus and also of Nev with Uncle David :))
Post a Comment