Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cade's Shiner

About 45 minutes after dropping the kids off at school yesterday (on my way to finally getting a workout in), I got the dreaded call from the school. Is someone sick? Did someone get in trouble? Or did someone get hurt? None of the options are good. This time, it was Cade (it usually is :); he and another boy collided in P.E. and the principal thought I should come take him home. So, we ended up having a nice day at home together. He was fine, iced a few times, watched a lot of TV and filled out my World Cup bracket. It's looking pretty ugly today as it starts changing colors. Here he is an hour or two after it happened.


6 comments:

Amber said...

Whoa... Cade looks like Chad in this picture! (Not that Chad looks this grumpy ;) Nice work Cade... when I told Uncle Tony what happened he just said, "Well that was dumb." :)

Marilyn said...

Ouch! Sorry, Cade. Daniel had one of those a few years ago from a collision with a friend too.

MarcusJacob said...

I got a scar above my lip from a collision in PE, mom had to pick me up too and I got stitches... but I came back to school that same day!

MarcusJacob said...

although i remember also getting a McDonald's milkshake :-)

Liz Dacar said...

Guess it's the season for shiners!

Amy K. said...

It's mind-boggling how Cade can look so much like Chad and yet so much like Pascal.

Does Cade remember Oma's black eye? Maybe that was before his time. Wasn't it from a pull-down ladder coming down more quickly than anticipated?