Thursday, November 19, 2009

Our Girl is 11 Months!



Can our girl really be just a month away from her first birthday? Amazing! Genevieve is so much fun and such a little love! She is easy-going and a mommy's girl right now. She loves to communicate, get our attention and the attention of strangers. Lately she's been waving, mostly with her wrist and fingers like a princess in a parade, to everyone. It is so sweet. I've been trying to catch it on video; hopefully I'll be able to post a video of it soon.

Cade, Elle and Will are having more and more fun with Nev. They think she is just so cute and Cade even says that she melts everyone's hearts and they often say they just want to squeeze her. I can certainly relate to that :)

More on Nev...

~We've seen Genevieve take two tiny steps but she is still a bit away from really walking and she doesn't seem too interested in it.
~Genevieve enjoys kicking balls; she laughs and laughs when I help her by holding her hands and putting a ball in front of her. She knows what to do. She seems to like balls in general.
~Genevieve is saying more sounds and we hear what we think is a word everyday but it is not always really clear exactly what she is saying. Willem swears she says his name :) She also says mama, dada, hi and more (maa).
~ Still just six teeth!
~Nev is a speedy crawling and pulls up on everything.
~Genevieve has shown some frustration when we take something away from her or if she really wants something. It is pretty cute now but I wonder if this is an indication she will become more insistent as she figures out more and more what she wants.
~Nev is a little explorer. She puts everything in her mouth and crawls all around and explores for a long time especially when she's in a new place.
~Genevieve enjoys all sorts of food; some staples are cheese, grapes, asparagus, broccoli, bananas, avocados, bread, chicken, sausage, pancakes and more.
~Genevieve really lights up when she sees her mom, dad and siblings and also when she sees her Uncle David and Uncle James who she sees everyday when I work with them.
~Genevieve has been sleeping pretty well. She will often sleep 8-10 hours though sometimes will awake in the middle of the night and will need her daddy to soothe her. Her napping is sporadic (our fault not hers :) though we try to get one decent (1-2 hour) nap in her crib each day. Other naps are generally in the car.
~Genevieve has been great on most all of our many trips to Portland. She usually just snoozes away as long as the car keeps moving.

We Love You Sweet Genevieve!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Happy Almost Birthday Nev-Nev-Never!! (I just noticed that you have 144 posts this year and I have 148 ~ ha! Pretty good :)

Marilyn said...

Another beautiful picture of my beautiful niece!!!!