Friday, March 13, 2009

I Was Afraid This Might Happen...

Since Genevieve was born there have been many times I've been driving in the car and a quick wave of panic rushes through me and I think, 'Did I forget Genevieve?', 'Is she in the car?' Luckily, every time she's there just being quiet. It happens most when either Cade, Gabrielle or Willem are not in the car so it seems extra quiet and it just feels like I have forgotten something or somebody!

Well, this morning it almost really did happen! I went to Friday morning coffee with my girlfriends, we chatted while my friends took turns holding Genevieve who eventually went to sleep. At 9:15, I had to leave to meet with our accountant, so I told Willem to gather his stuff and started towards the door, saying good-bye to my friends when they replied, 'Are you forgetting something?!' Yup, I forgot Genevieve. Now of-course I tell myself I would have remembered before I got to the car BUT still!

Now, I am sure I will have nightmares the next week, month, year thinking I forgot her somewhere! How could I forget this sweet sweet little miss....

Genevieve 2 months, 3 weeks old


**********

On Wednesday, Grandma came over and held Genevieve while I worked. Willem was playing with his farm toys and Grandma asked him how many little farm tractors, trucks, loaders, etc. he has. Well, Willem has really been into counting to 100 and more so he brought them all out, lined them up and counted. I am embarrassed to say he has 130! Of-course when it is all a kid asks for from everyone for the past four birthdays, Christmases, Easter, Valentines, etc...okay maybe that justifies 50 of them BUT 130! And the crazy thing is he wants more!

The smile says it all!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing a wonderful job on your blog!!!
christy

MarcusJacob said...

I thought Dad and Helmut were going to duke it out last night as to who had the cutest newest granddaughter!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, that little Genevieve is a heart breaker!! She is just so, so precious. Haha, Willem's collection is awesome too. He couldn't be any more proud :)

Marilyn said...

I think it is going to let me comment, finally. She's SOOO beautiful. I went downstairs, got Jackie and told her she had to come up and see something. It was worth going down to get her to share Genevieve (she agreed it was worth coming upstairs to see :-). Wow! Love Will's counting too. Good for you, Willem!!!

julie fulton said...

Thats OK Teesh, we're not going to report you to CSD yet . . . just kidding, you're an awesome mom! You're not a true mom until you've forgetten a kid anyway right?

Unknown said...

Genevieve is SOOOOOOO CUTE!!! She is getting so big! I just want to reach in the screen and pick her up! And Will's colection is really impresive.

Leticia said...

Thanks for the comments, Loftsgards! So glad you can comment now! And everyone else, thanks, too! It is so fun to get your comments!

Anonymous said...

no fear mum if i find her i will get hernaked and keep her happy for you