Chad and I finally went out on a date night again with just the two of us...I mean, the three of us. Awesome babysitter and niece, Searra, came over to watch the big kids while Chad and I, and Genevieve, went out for a long dinner at Outback followed by a little shopping (at Walmart, romantic, I know). Genevieve was great to have along; she was awake for the first 15 minutes of dinner and then slept the next 2+ hours in my arms. Chad had to cut my chicken and I have a growing knot between my shoulder blades from holding her but it was a fantastic, relaxing dinner with my hubby! I was afraid in having our fourth baby that I might resent just a little having to start over taking a baby out with us on our date nights especially with our third being so independent at 5 years old but it was fun having her with us. She is just so sweet to look at and even if no one is looking, it is just fun to show her off :-). I am just as much a proud mommy with my fourth as I was with my first! We need to have date nights (plus one) more often!
*****************
Check in tomorrow for an update on Cade's 3rd Grade AAU State Basketball Tourney. His team won its pool by winning all three of their pool games the past two days and will play in the semi-final and hopefully championship game tomorrow. Go Team Flight!
1 comment:
I always loved going out on dates with our newest little one. I'm sure you got lots of oohs and aahs.
Post a Comment