Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas Program

Thursday before Christmas break is always a favorite of mine because it's the night of the kids' school's Christmas program. I was especially looking forward to watching Genevieve sing with her class. And she and her class did not disappoint! Nev and her friend Libby were front and center for the Preschool, Pre-K and Kindergarten portion of the program and throughout the five or so songs, Libby and Nev brought many laughs to the whole crowd. They danced, curtsied, did much of the choreography in exaggerated fashion and even bonked heads causing their barrettes to get tangled in each others' hair resulting in surprised expressions on their faces. It was adorable and lots of people told Chad and me afterwards that they were the stars of the show :). Willem was pretty cute to watch, singing in the back row of the grades 1-5 show, a little embarrassed but laughing and singing with his friends as well. Gabrielle did fantastic, singing with the group in the middle school part of the show. Cade was the clown, as usual. He made his Auntie Carrie and cousin EJ laugh out loud the entire show with his facial expressions and motions (even though he was in the back row and had no special part in the program). Chad and I were entertained as well by him...for about the first five minutes...but then hoped he would tone it down as we knew it was a distraction for some. He didn't, and his performance earned him a trip to the principal's office the next day..oops. Hopefully, it was another lesson learned. Overall, it was a fun night and got me in the Christmas spirit.

Us girls had fun getting ready for the evening

No lucky getting a picture of Elle and Jorja before the performance!


...so I took these from her itouch; her hair looked so pretty!

Nev walking onto the stage. She waved at us when she saw us :)

Libby and Nev on stage

Cade upper far right singing away :)

A couple cute shots of Nev before the performance with her curled hair...


3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh man, I didn't know about Cade! He is one of a kind! Hopefully someday he'll be able to channel all that energy and center-of-attention into being a positive leader :) Class president someday, maybe? And of course, the story of Nev will go down in Ficek history. Sooooo adorable!! And I do LOVE Elle's hair, and her iTouch pics!

MarcusJacob said...

Nev was the cutest! Great pic of the three of you too!

Marilyn said...

I would love to see a video! I'm sure it was so great. Love the photos as always.