Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Las Vegas!

We just got back from 8 great days of family fun in Las Vegas:

Day 1: Fly - Explore our Hotel: South Point Resort Hotel - Arcade - Visit Strip - Ride New York New York Roller Coaster - M&M and Coca Cola store - Night Swimming
Day 2: Swim - Multiple Arcades - Movie Night at Theater in Hotel: 'Brave'
Day 3: Swim - Soccer Shop - Visit 'Pawn Stars' Store - Stratosphere with Rides
Day 4: Hoover Dam and Grand Canyon (pictures coming soon)
Day 5: Swim - Shopping at Outlets - Explore Caesars Palace with some Shopping
Day 6: 4th of July - Swim - Adventuredome at Circus Circus - Fireworks
Day 7: Swim - Arcades - Movies in Rooms (three oldest kids had their own hotel room - a first for us!)
Day 8: Early Flight Home...which we almost missed :)

Our Favorite Things:
Genevieve: Brave Movie and Swimming
Willem: Everything and NY NY Roller Coaster
Gabrielle: Shopping and Grand Canyon
Cade: Pawn Stars Store and Roller Coasters
Me: Relaxing in the sun, hours of reading my books (in sun and in the evenings) and the Grand Canyon
Chad: Relaxing in the Evenings, the Buffets and the Grand Canyon

Ready to fly out

Nev's first airplane ride (I think)

First day at the Strip...everyone's expressions crack me up :)

Nev thought we were in Disneyland with all the characters we saw on the streets; she wanted to visit with them all



The boys had to have a classic Coca Cola in bottles at the Coca Cola store!

Elle got to hold this little monkey (for $5 of-course!)



My view from my lawn chair as I read my book. Oh the life! ~ Nev was so sweet when I got on the floatie next to her
  Cade and Willem loved the 'Gold & Silver Store' from the show 'Pawn Stars'!

The Stratosphere

The rides which were 1050 feet in the air were scary to me (I did do them once) but Willem and Cade rode them numerous times




Nev at the big Nike store in Caesars Palace


 
I had so much fun with Nev on the rides in Adventuredome in Circus Circus; it makes me want to take her to Disneyland!

Nev loved the 4D movie at Adventuredome

4th of July!


Relaxing in our hotel room!

5 comments:

Amy K. said...

I want to hold a monkey!

Amber said...

So many fun memories Leticia!! You guys look like you're having fun together as a family :)) I can't believe the boys did all those rides so high up. Eeeeek! I don't think I could do the ones hanging over the edge. Love the Nev loved the characters & Circus Circus. How fun it would be to take her to Disneyland! Oh and I loved Elle's favorite things. I think she's your daughter (and I can totally relate too :)

MarcusJacob said...

Glad you have a blog to hear more about your trip! Nev thinking disneyland cracked me up :-)

MarcusJacob said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Duane, Mary and Pepper said...

How much fun!!! Love all of the pictures and how happy everyone is:) Nev is getting so big and I love her poses...adorable. Gabrielle is just a beauty and what a cool picture with the monkey...totally worth $5! Cade and Will are like little men, just blows me away...thanks for the fun post and so glad to see you are all enjoying the summer!