Over Memorial Day weekend I got to compete with the Eugene CrossFit team at the Northwest CrossFit Regionals. It was a great weekend especially because Gabrielle joined me and we got to spend a ton of time together. Our team of 3 guys and 3 gals plus 1 guy alternate and 1 girl alternate was really a great group of people too and I had a lot of fun just hanging out with them. We went out to dinner each night together and a group of 6 of us drove up to to the competition (near Seattle) together. It was also tons of fun watching and cheering on my amazing friend and, Cheryl, who won the women's competition and my other amazing friend, Kendall, who's team (from a CrossFit Intensify in Springfield) won the team competition. They both get to advance to the World CrossFit Games at the Home Depot Center in LA in July.
Our team had a great Day 1 doing better than we expected in the handstand push-up/deadlift workout and the row/pistol/hang clean workout. Day 2, however, was disappointing for us as we didn't advance passed the third workout. The strongest woman from our team was not able to compete with us because of a work commitment so I had to take her place as the 2nd strongest gal (by a very slim margin) and attempt a workout where I had a snatch a 70 lb dumbbell with one arm 30 times. I had made that weight just once in training (with 2 days rest before and only with my left arm as my right shoulder has been injured) and I hoped with the adrenaline from competing I'd be able to do it. But I just couldn't. It was a long 10 minutes trying! I know I did all I could to prepare and have no regreats but it was still disappointing. We all look forward to next year and hope to come back a little stronger (and with our full team :)!
The car ride to and from the competition was lots of fun girl time (our coach Daren was the driver)
Loved having Elle there with me!
Checking the standings together on my iPad
That's me doing pistols (one legged squats) in WOD 2
Happy to be done with WOD 2!
Attempting the 70 lb dumbbell snatch
Giving it my all!
Drew, Chantelle and Lindsey getting high fives after their WOD
Sam, Chantelle, me and Joe
Kendall, Christina and me at the ice baths
So dang cold!
Sam, me, Cheryl, Lindsey and Jason
Kendall and me
Most of our team with some spouses after dinner (missing Drew and Joe)
Kendall
With the infamous "Fitness Lonnie" a celebrity amongst CrossFitters :)
A few shots of Cheryl...
Go Cheryl!
Great job to Kendall and her team!




4 comments:
Great job, Teesh. How awesome for Elle to see first hand your commitment to excellence and fitness. Awesome pic of you attempting that 70 lb snatch. Ouch! Love you! Congrats!
Love how the pictures capture so much of the experience... your 70 lb snatch attempt (awesome picture!), you in the ice bath (ouch! but check out those abs :) and you & Elle checking the standings on the iPad (classic). It's so awesome that you love CrossFit.. what a great "hobby," and I agree with Marely, for Elle to see you compete and love it.
You are absolutely amazing!!! What a great role model you are for Elle (and all of us for that matter) and I love, love, love all of the pictures:) You are one buff and fit mama and I'm so impressed, great job Teesh!!!
Impressive and inspiring to say the least!
Post a Comment