Saturday, December 10, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...

I'm really getting excited for Christmas now. A couple weeks ago I felt a little overwhelmed with all the shopping and decorating I had in front of me. But, now the lights are up outside (thank you Chad), the tree is up and decorated, the house is almost all decorated and I have 90% of my shopping done. Next week, I'll focus on getting a lot of my dairy work done for the rest of the month so I can really enjoy having the kids home from school, relax in front of our tree in the evenings and just enjoy the Christmas season. 

I wish I took pictures of the tree decorating because Genevieve was very cute, loving looking at and hanging up ornaments and Gabrielle just did an awesome job of really decorating the tree. I didn't even have to 'fix' any of it; Elle did make sure Nev's cluster of ornaments was spread throughout the tree. (The boys were content to just check out what us girls were doing but not really interested in helping decorate this year). Now I am counting down the days until Christmas morning and seeing the excitement on our kids' faces!

I really love our tree this year! 

I love coming home in the evening to our lit-up house!

2 comments:

Amber said...

Awwww, such a Christmas spirit in this post and pictures! Your tree looks so nice... great work Elle!! We're making progress here too and I can't wait to be "almost done" as well and be able to sit back and enjoy the season even more.

Marilyn said...

Beautiful! Isn't it SO much fun to have a daughter. Our home is so much more decorated because Erika is with us this year - the 3 girls did ALL the decorating and I just got them the things they needed. Yay Christmas!