Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Potty Training Success!

Wow! After three frustrating days of poo and some potty in her pants and then a couple days out of town with half diaper, half undies, Genevieve seems to have figured this whole potty AND poo thing out! With a little incentive of a Dora game and a Dora princess doll, Genevieve went poo in the toilet yesterday and then again today and has not had a potty accident in 30 hours! She was even dry all night last night, though we are still going to use pull-ups for nighttime for a while. I am SO very thrilled that Genevieve has figure this all out so quickly. Cade was pretty quick as well (about 10 days of training at 3 years, 2 weeks) but Gabrielle was quite a challenge (trained at 3 years, 4 months) and Willem was very tough (over 18 months of training, with poo taking him until he was over 4 years old to figure it out). 

The other unique thing about Genevieve is she just goes on the big toilet all by herself without any help. She doesn't even tell me she's going and climbs on the big toilet without even a little seat on it. She learned quickly to hold on after 'falling' in with her bottom once :)

Here's a happy Genevieve with the Dora doll she earned from going poo on the toilet today (with her many fun expressions as usual!)...



4 comments:

Amber said...

WOW!!! Congrats to Genevieve!! How exciting for her (and you :). I told Jacoby tonight that Nev was going potty and poo on the toilet now and he didn't want to believe it at first. But when I told him that he and Nev are "potty cousins" and "poo cousins" now (after a little sucess for him tonight too), he warmed up to the idea ;) I loved your text today about comparing Will & J... SO true! I laughed out loud. Too fun (or not, since I'm in the middle of it). Talk to you soon!

Marilyn said...

YAY! SOO stinkin' cute!

MarcusJacob said...

Yippie for Nev and you! Expressions are priceless :-)

Liz Dacar said...

I have to say I think when potty training sticks is one of the happiest parenting moments! It really is the basics that are important! Hope all is well.