Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Weekend

I had a great Valentine's weekend thanks to my awesome hubby! He surprised me with a night away at Valley River Inn (where we spent our wedding night and ten year anniversary) and he coordinated everything with the kids and his mom to make it happen. I had been planning a family movie night and dinner out with the kids and Chad on Saturday to celebrate Valentine's Day but when Chad told me he was whisking me away Saturday evening, we took the kids out to Dickie Jo's burger joint for lunch and let them pick out some movies to watch with Grandma. Chad and I were then off for the evening. It was so nice to relax with my hubby for a long evening, to sleep in and to enjoy a little run with him along the river bike path in the morning. Meanwhile, the kids, of-course, got spoiled by Grandma!

2 comments:

Amber said...

I love that Chad surprised you. What a great hubby!! I'm always amazed that working out is a highlight of your vacations. If only I were born that way too *sigh.* Fun that you still made it out with the kids too :)

Anonymous said...

I agree, Amber. Sigh. Great hubby, great kids. Love the picture.