Our little girl, so full of spunk and personality, turns two today! She made our family complete and is so loved by her siblings and mom and dad (as well as so many cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents and friends)! One thing Genevieve is NOT into right now is pictures. Lately all I get is a turned head, a grumpy look or she just runs away...
So, for some two year old pictures, I just tried to sneak a few in...
Every once in a while I get lucky and she flashes me a smile (here in the halls of Mac Court)...
Or she at least looks toward the camera...
Here's more on our spunky little girl:
~ Genevieve thinks she is one of the big kids and wants to join in on everything her big siblings do. She is often upset when they go to school or all leave her for something. I rarely have to entertain or play with her when her siblings are here because she is happy just hanging out with them.
~ Nev loves being active. She loves to run and have us chase her. She also loves to dance, kick the soccer ball, attempt to shoot baskets and have us hike her the ball and then chase her. People often comment on how fast and coordinated she is.
~ Genevieve loves to play with her dolls and she enjoys playing with her 'Little People'. She also likes to draw though it always seems to end with her drawing all over herself!
~ Her favorite show (requested multiple times a day) is 'The Wiggles' though frightfully she really enjoys watching any shows her older siblings are watching such as iCarly and Suite Life on Deck.
~ Genevieve has been known to befriend strangers in restaurants, coffee shops, while shopping and in church. She will walk up to them and just start talking away.
~ Genevieve is a pretty good eater though I wish she'd drink more milk (she prefers water); she loves eggs, sausage, granola or power bars, burritos, chicken nuggets, green beans, asparagus and, of-course, anything sweet.
~ Genevieve has definite opinions about what she wants to wear on her body and her feet! She often will get upset when I try to change her outfit and sometime will take it off if she really doesn't like it. There are certain things she will usually refuse to wear like skirts. Sometimes, though, I just put it on her fast as she protests and then try to distract her.
~ We haven't given Nev any timeouts yet though it wouldn't surprise me if there are some in the near future :)
~ Genevieve talks a ton and we understand a lot of it. She talks in 3-4 word sentences and can repeat almost anything.
~ When Nev does something she probably shouldn't be doing or she's not sure she can do and I 'catch' her, she gives me a big cheesy smile like 'I'm so cute, how can you tell me no!'
~ We haven't given Nev any timeouts yet though it wouldn't surprise me if there are some in the near future :)
~ Genevieve talks a ton and we understand a lot of it. She talks in 3-4 word sentences and can repeat almost anything.
~ When Nev does something she probably shouldn't be doing or she's not sure she can do and I 'catch' her, she gives me a big cheesy smile like 'I'm so cute, how can you tell me no!'
~ Genevieve takes one nap each day. About half (or less) the time it is in her crib though these usually last only 45 minutes. The other days, she naps in the car while I pick up the kids from school and then take them to their practices. She usually gets in 1-2 hours in these naps but because they usually start around 2:30, it mean she goes to bed a little later (9:00 pm instead of 8:00). Nev wakes up whenever I get up (usually 7:00 am) as she usually sleeps with us for the later part of the night (which I love :)
We Love Our Sweet Genevieve So Very Much!!!
2 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY Genevieve!!! I really can't believe you're TWO already! We love you Sweet Nev-Nev :)
Happy, happy birthday beautiful girl! Can't believe you are two. So glad you are a part of our lives!
Post a Comment