Sunday, February 14, 2010

Some Basketball

Cade played in another basketball tournament this weekend. His team played great in pool play, winning both games Saturday. Cade played really well and it was a lot of fun watching him. Today, they played in the semi's and then the 3rd place game and had a tougher time; Cade got three early fouls in the first game and never got in a rhythm. He played better in the 2nd game but they were outmatched; his team ended up 4th out of nine solid teams. Cade played with 'Flight White' (he usually plays with 'Flight Black') in the 4th grade division. The teams are gearing toward the state tourney March 13-14. It's been a very busy month for Cade as he balances soccer and basketball. His soccer season is in full gear now (outdoor games started last weekend; practices started mid-January) so he often has two intense practices after school. It's been tough at times but we are proud of Cade and how hard he works; he never questions whether he wants to continue playing both sports at a relatively high level (for his age)...'of-course, I do, mom'...he tells me when I start to worry about him :)

Happy Valentines to all! As you can see most of our day was spent in a gym. We did have a nice dinner out with friends last night and Chad, the kids and I exchanged Valentines when we got home. Tonight we relaxed at home and watched a couple rented movies. It was just nice to spend the weekend together with my five Valentines!
 
I like this serious shot of Cade

  
Cade, in action!

  
Doing a good job boxing out and trying to get the rebound

  

  
Ben taking it down the court

  
Ben working hard

  
Cade (with Joey) getting a little frustrated late in the last game

1 comment:

MarcusJacob said...

Cade has improved a lot since I saw him last year! Especially dribbling and defense position.