This New Year's Eve was different from years' past! We started the day by flying to LA...
And ended it by celebrating in Disneyland!!
Just after we arrived at the park at around 4:30 pm
The park was pretty crazy and busy but we managed to go on about six rides and to take in all the activity in the Magic Kingdom. The lines weren't too bad (about 30 minutes or less) except a breakdown on Space Mountain (while we were in line) resulted in a two hour wait which just about caused a couple youngsters to 'lose it' :)
After we survived Space Mountain, it was fun to see all the activity and the TONS of people who were there to countdown to 2010. There were DJ's, dancing and lots of fireworks.
Willem was so excited to ride Splash Mountain especially because he wanted
to see his mom get wet!
A classic Splash Mountain shot!
Cade, Willem and Gabrielle with a full moon behind them. It was fun being there with all the Ducks fans...every few steps, we would hear "GO DUCKS!" from a fellow Duck fan upon seeing our Duck gear!
As the night went on it got very very busy as everyone piled into the center of Magic Kingdom to party with Mickey, Minnie and the DJ
We got to walk right by the stage but were quickly ushered past! People camped out most of the day to get near the stage!
Chad and I got into the spirit with the party hats!
After getting up before 6:00 am and with all the excitement of the day, I think I was the only one who needed convincing to call it a night at around 11:00 pm. Cade, Chad and I did stay up to listen to the fireworks from our hotel beds and wish each other 'Happy New Year'. We were then quickly off to sleep in anticipation of an early wake-up call and the big Duck game the next day!
3 comments:
Looks SO memorable Teesh! My favorite pictures are the one of the kids on the plane and of Willem on Splash Mountain. Both classic and SO cute!! Welcome home!!
What a FUN way to spend New Year's Eve! I love the idea!
I know I've said it before, but you look so much like Courtney Cox in that last photo! So beautiful. :)
Looks like you all had a blast.
Love the post, can't wait for you to put some more pictures on.
Post a Comment