Friday, January 8, 2010

A Day at the Beach

On Monday, the last full day of our vacation, the kids decided they'd rather spend the day at the beach instead of Disneyland. Luckily it was 73 degrees with no wind so we were happy to go! We didn't end up finding the beach we wanted but instead found a nice public beach in Newport Beach. The kids played in the water (especially Gabrielle), played football and we all (except Chad) played a beach soccer game with a couple of guys who saw our soccer ball and asked if we wanted to play a game with them. The afternoon was fun and relaxing. Willem said it was his favorite part of the trip and asked if for our next vacation we could go to the beach the whole time :) That is sooo Willem picking sand and water over Disneyland!


It was such a pretty day

 



Gabrielle was so brave in the water. The water was cold and she was in there a long long time!

 
The kids insisted I put this picture in. Willem was taking shots, Elle was playing goalie and I captured this shot of the ball coming at her.


During this vacation I read 'Nikon D5000 For Dummies' and was having fun trying out different settings on my camera trying to get action shots and the right lighting. I learned a lot and hopefully can put it into use with my pictures.

 
Love Willem's smile!

 
Always have to make a sand-something when you go to the beach! 

 
Will has the best expressions!

 


Push him, Will!


Chasing the bird or a ball?




I love that all three were getting into playing football together and then soccer. And I love that my girl can hang with her athletic brothers and even beat them sometimes. Go Girl!


I thought this was just a cool picture of my girl :)

3 comments:

Amber said...

I want to hear all that you learned about your camera! These pictures are so cool!! Elle looks adorable and Will's expressions are great :)

Liz Dacar said...

Looks fun! So funny that you spend all that time at Disneyland and then Will likes the beach best. Kids can be so funny. glad you had a good trip.

Anonymous said...

sexwith her would be amazing even if it was just anal, nothing compares to beeing inside one her age