Monday, January 11, 2010

Another Basketball Weekend and More

Cade played in his 3rd tournament of the season with his 4th grade Eugene Flight basketball team. They played in Salem in the 5th grade bracket and were 3-1 for the weekend earning 2nd place. Cade also got to play one game with the Eugene Flight II team in the 4th grade bracket where he played some point guard which he doesn't get to do very often (I caught some on video below). He had a blast as always and even got to spend the night in Salem with his buddy, Jace. Cade and Chad are off to Seattle next weekend for another tourney.

Gabrielle had her first basketball game of the season with her new team made mostly up of girls she plays soccer with. She and her team did great! They are playing in a 4th grade YMCA league. Elle had fun, scored a basket, played great 'D' and her team won 26-9.

And, we can't forget Willem...he didn't play basketball this weekend but did play an indoor soccer game Sunday afternoon which he counted down to all weekend. He was so cute wearing a beanie (like he saw big kids doing), his ManU jersey, his new goalie gloves and mismatched but still both 'Total90' Nike indoor shoes (like he saw a big kid do at a game he watched recently).

Here are some pictures from the weekend with my new zoom lens. I am still trying to figure it out. I think I need to move around the court more to get better action shots but I still got a few good pictures.



 

 
playing some good 'D'

  

 

 

 
 
  

 

 

 

  
Willem warming up (taking it much more seriously than the other boys :)

For those real Ficek sports fans out there (not sure there are any actually :) who don't get to see our kids play much (okay, maybe there's one in Nicaragua at least :), I put a couple sports videos from this weekend on YouTube.

Cade playing point guard


Willem playing indoor (notice the outfit :)


And, finally, here's a little video of Genevieve (yes, Nev) kicking the ball around. I find her kicking the ball from time to time especially if we have our soccer 'carpet' out in the main room for the big kids to kick around.

Nev Playing Soccer


We'll be sure to get Gabrielle doing something great next time!

3 comments:

Amber said...

Fun videos! Your kids certainly play with confidence. Nev is adorable as a little soccer player :) I can't wait to see her grow up through the years.

Marilyn said...

Love it! Thank you. Now if I could only get someone to video Jackie playing basketball . . .

Kate said...

When we're in Eugene next, we should get together (with Julie too!) and Genevieve & Finn can play and I'll bring my blog book! I would love to see yours too, when it's done -- you're doing Blurb, right?