Sunday, September 27, 2009

Genevieve's First Words

It is always hard to know when a baby's first word can be considered that -- a word -- and not babbling. But I think we are there with Genevieve. She has been consistently saying 'Mama' the past week (starting at just over 9 months) when she wants me or is crawling toward me or sees me. She has made the 'mama' sound for over a month but is now very clear and related to me. She also says 'bye-bye', 'hi' and 'hello' here and there when waving hello and good-bye.

We can't wait to see what words are next! She sure loves to babble away or just listen to herself say 'aaahh' especially when we pat her back or bounce her so it sounds broken up. Too cute :)

1 comment:

Amber said...

Sooo fun Leticia! I looked through my blog to see when Jacoby said his first words, but couldn't find it quickly. I know that it was way beyond 9 months though! Plus, he still doesn't even say "hi" or "hello." Nev could teach him a few things ;)