Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to School

Our kids headed back to school today. Willem to Kindergarten, Gabrielle to 3rd grade and Cade to 4th grade. I am always sad when summer ends. I love the carefree summer with no homework, lunches or early alarms. Willem was a trooper as always, heading off without any worries, pretty happy to go and he had a good day (I was very happy that he told me all about it). Gabrielle was sad to see summer end and isn’t a huge fan of school but she was still a ‘little excited’ (her words) to start a new school year and her day went well (a little boring she says but she was happy). Cade, on the other hand, was pretty much devastated that school was starting again. Ugh…he tells me he wants to be home-schooled (not my skill set at all :) or anything but just does not want to go to school. The day went a little better than he expected but he still thought it was very boring and he dreads going again tomorrow. I wish there was something I could do to make it better for him. Usually once he gets in the groove of it and summer is a distant memory, it gets better. Let’s hope so for all of our sake!


Cade, Gabrielle & Willem; stripes & polos!

It's always fun to get a picture of the house in the background for our annual back to school pictures

Kindergartener Willem!

Gabrielle: Grade 3

Elle!

Cade: Grade 4

Jackson, Noah, Hayden, Willem & Ethan

Willem & Ethan

Gabrielle, Jorja & Emma

Cade with Genevieve, Joey, Jace, Ben & Travis

2 comments:

Erika L said...

Gabrielle has got her poses down! So cute.

Liz Dacar said...

They look good! I bet the house is quiet now, are you able to get alot done??