Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Baseball Season Comes to an End

I started this blog post last night thinking I should do a post on Cade's baseball season but the entry seemed a little boring....until this morning when this happened...

Yes, Cade was 'practicing' his pitching (with a real baseball in the house...hello?) early this morning when he missed the couch and hit our very large picture window in the living room. So, though he is turning 10 tomorrow, he still has a lot to learn! He'll be doing extra chores the next couple of weeks.

Anyway, back to the original baseball post...

Cade was so glad he decided to play Kidsports baseball with his classmates this year. Though he wasn't able to make many practices and missed a couple games because of soccer and basketball, he had a blast and wants to play again next year. Cade was a strong hitter on his team and played mostly right & left field and also some first & second base and even pitched part of a game.

Cade's team played six games the last eight evenings in the end-of-season tournament. It was pretty exciting with a few very close wins in elimination games. His team played in the 2nd place game tonight and lost against a strong team of 4th graders. Cade was pretty devastated to have lost out on a chance to play in the state tournament (top two teams advance). His team was the best out of 3rd grade teams and placed 3rd overall in the 3rd/4th grade tourney behind two 4th grade teams.

Cade stands exactly like his daddy in this pic!

Waiting for some action

3 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe Cade took out that big window (...or maybe I can ;). The resemblance between Cade & Chad in these pictures is kinda surreal. Do we do anything that is so obviously mom or dad? Also, the last picture makes me crave Original Pancake House :)

MarcusJacob said...

I wasn't craving it until reading your post Am! Teesh, could you imagine dad's reaction if one of us boys did that?!!!

julie fulton said...

If you don't mind a Non-Konyn "butt in" here...Leticia and Amber, there are manytimes that I look at both of you and see your Mom. Seriously, you both look a LOT like her and have many of the same mannerisms (much like Cade and Chad). It really is amazing to see. PS I am still laughing about the window!