The CrossFit Northwest Regionals was held in the Seattle area in early June. It was an event I have so enjoyed the past two years, having competed on the Eugene CrossFit team and cheering on my good friends, Cheryl and Kendall. This year was a little different and a lot disappointing. I barely missed out on making our box's team which was disappointing though, up to the regionals, I worked hard on improving in a lot of areas which was fun and motivating. The most disappointing thing while attending regionals was Cheryl (who was doing amazing and on her way to qualifying for the Games) tore her Achilles tendon during Event 5. It was so sad seeing her pain and to see all that hard work she had done for the past year not culminating to a trip to the Games. Kendall, who was also doing amazing, also got injured. Though she finished the competition, she did it injured and just missed qualifying for the Games as well! What a bummer. Still, through it all, it has been great building such a great group of CrossFit friends and we had a great time together despite the disappointments!
Lindsey, Rachel, Kendall, Me and Cheryl
The Eugene CrossFit Team who did great in the competition finishing 12th!
At the hospital with Cheryl :(
On of our lunches together! Love these!
Love these gals! Here we are at Cheryl's house after the competition. We've been getting together more lately as Cheryl is leaving us...moving to Hawaii :(
Our kids having fun while we chat
I spent quite a bit of time at the box before regionals, working out mostly with Cheryl and Lindsey. It was fun to see all of our improvements
Coach Daren, Cheryl and I coordinated this training day without planning it!
And, another unplanned twinsie day! I'm gunna miss seeing Cheryl everyday! But will love visiting her in Hawaii!
No comments:
Post a Comment