Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Return to the Soccer Weekend

It's been a nice little break from weekends filled with soccer but I was excited for Cade to play in a tournament again this past weekend. He had so much fun playing with the Boca White team and three of his Boca Blue teammates in the first leg of the Pacific Coast Super Cup in Seattle. I think he had even more fun hanging out with all his buddies and the many other teams at the hotel. I had a nice relaxing time with just him and me plus my brother David and his boys. Cade did scare me terribly though when he came up to our room after swimming Sunday morning with a big goose-egg bump above his eye where he hit the side of the swimming pool after attempting a back flip from the cement edge of the pool. I am hoping it was a blessing as he wasn't hurt badly and he hopefully learned from it and will never do it again!

The weekend started with ODP practice in 26 degree weather in Salem. Genevieve and I sat in the stadium stands, huddled up together watching him. It was much too cold though Nev handled it just fine running up and down the steps and then snuggling with me playing with my ipad.
 
Subway on the drive up to Seattle; I'm hoping the glasses and hats are a short-term phase!

It wasn't too cold in Seattle but it was WET! The boys lost their first game 1-3 but won their second 6-1. Sawyer, Ethan, Cade, Pascal.

Cade and Jackson

1 comment:

Amber said...

Fun that Cade has so much fun with his teammates! Hopefully he stays with good teams and players, that he enjoys. LOL about the hats and glasses phase :) They do pull it off well though!