Tuesday, August 2, 2011

2011 CrossFit Games

Chad and I got away together for a three day weekend and went to LA for the CrossFit World Games. What a cool experience it was to watch so many amazing athletes in action! It was especially neat to be there to cheer on our friend, Cheryl Brost, who I workout with each morning and who Chad and I have known for many years through soccer (we've played together and now our boys play together). Cheryl did amazing, finishing seventh in the world out of the over 12,000 women who started in the open competition earlier this spring (50 of those 12,000 qualified for the World Games)! What an inspiration she is and just a very neat person as well! It was great to spend time with Chad and to also hang out with our friends, Jake and Kendall, as well as other friends from Eugene CrossFit. Chad and I also celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary while we were there. We did it in true parents-of-4-kids-style, staying in our hotel, ordering room service and watching a movie; it was heavenly to just relax and spend time with just the two of us!

Can you believe Cheryl is 40 years old competing against mostly 20-somethings?!

 Kendall, Cheryl (happy after finishing 10 workouts in three days) and me

Chad and me with Jake and Kendall

2 comments:

Amber said...

Glad you guys had fun! :) I'm sure that was sooo inspiring to watch all weekend. What a cool collage of Cheryl too!!

Marilyn said...

Love it! It was so fun to watch her over the weekend. Amazing. Happy Anniversary!