Mother's Day morning and the YUMMY brunch Chad and the kids made (yes, I did just wake up)!
...A VERY Lucky Mom. That's what I felt like this past Mother's Day weekend. We had a great weekend that started with an early afternoon trip to Portland on Friday. Chad had the day off Friday and the kids got out of school early so we headed to Portland, did some shopping and then went to Embassy Suites. Elle & I did a little workout at the hotel, then Chad, Elle, Will and Nev played in the pool followed by relaxing, room service and a movie. The next morning we woke up early for Cade's team's OPL State Cup championship game. The team lost but Cade played his heart out, got a lot of playing time and we were very proud of Cade and his team. About 20 family and friends came for the game and a group of us went out to breakfast together which was very nice and helped ease the pain of the loss for Cade. We then headed home and got to watch Willem play his soccer game and play on the playground with Genevieve. Sunday morning, I got to sleep in and then enjoy a fabulous brunch courtesy of Chad and the kids. We then relaxed a little and, in the afternoon, Elle and I went shopping together (always fun!). To top it off, Chad's parents came over for leftovers and games. It was a great, great Mother's Day weekend!!
Here are some pictures of the always entertaining Nev this weekend...
Love the pose!
Nev is very fearless/daring on the playground and reminds me of Willem at this age. She is always climbing up everything fast and leaning over high ledges!
She loves the playground!
"Higher, Mommy, higher"!
Flying
Climbing!
Sunday afternoon, Nev spent a good 25 minutes outside in the pouring rain having a blast!
2 comments:
So many cute Nev pictures! I'm such a mean mom... I never let J play in the rain. He'll have to do it with his cousins sometime :) We'll have to take the three kids to the playground sometime too. Would be fun to see them all out there together. Happy Mother's Day to you ~ glad it was a good one. You're a lucky mom, but your kids are lucky to have you as their mom too!!
We are very blessed, Sis! It was great to spend Mother's Day with Dad and Kathleen! Love the pictures too. Nev's smile in the last picture is priceless. Watch out world!
Post a Comment