My mom always said she loved most to see the change in children from age one to age two because their personalities really come out in that year. She is sure right, once again, with regard to Genevieve. We learn more about Nev everyday. She has so much energy, loves other kids so much, is very smart, she is very physical, strong & fast, she loves to talk and she loves to dance....
We love our sweet Genevieve so much and cannot imagine our family without her!
A few more things about our sweet Nev...
- Nev is sleeping great again lately. She's sleeping through the night from about 8:30 pm to 7:00 am and then napping for about 1 hour to a maximum of 1 hr 45 min. She loves going to bed the same time as Gabrielle and they both will read for a little while then fall off to sleep.
- Nev is obsessed with The Wiggles. I think she would watch it all day if we let her!
- Genevieve is throwing fits from time to time mostly over not wanting to change her clothes, not wanting to get in her car seat (this happens about once every other day) or wanting to watch a second or third episode of The Wiggles. I haven't given her a timeout yet but I can feel it coming! I did take her nuk away today and told her she had to stop crying before I gave it back; and it worked!
- Genevieve talks a ton and loves to jabber away telling us stories, laughing, etc. We can understand some of it but definitely not all.
- Genevieve loves to be with her cousins and siblings and often seems to prefer them even over me as long as she is not tired or hurt. She cries when I drop her cousins off at their house after school because she wants to go with them and play on the trampoline and with the kittens.
- Genevieve also loves going to Ty and Payton's house and gets really excited when I tell her she is going there for a playdate (i.e. Kendall and I run and she stays with a sitter there!). She loves it! She is obviously very social!
- Genevieve is so sweet in saying, "I love you, mom" even without prompting. A couple days ago she was upstairs and I was downstairs and she starting yelling it to me from the top of the stairs. It melted me!
- Genevieve has such a definite opinion about clothes already (just like her sis); she often is insistent on a pair of shoes or shirt she wants to wear or does not want to wear. Sometimes I let her wear whatever but other times it is just not practical and so there is a little battle (which I, of-course, win but isn't always much fun :). She often just does not want to change into a new outfit in the morning or evening and then fights just as hard the next morning or evening trying to keep that outfit on that she fought about the night before :)

2 comments:
Cute, cute Leticia!! Can't believe she's almost TWO. We're so excited to see Sweet Genevieve grow up!! :)
What a personality! I think the stories will keep coming :-)
Post a Comment