I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, I love watching our kids play their sports! I feel privileged that they enjoy it as much as they do and that I get to watch them! And, flag football for Willem this fall has been no exception! Will continues to play his year-around soccer with his club team but he also really wanted the chance to play flag football again with his classmates. Luckily his coach is flexible and Willem has been able to make all but one game. His team is now 7-0 with one game remaining before the play-offs. Willem has scored in all games but one and has scored as many as five touchdowns in a game! He has four interceptions, a couple kick-off returns for td's and at least fifteen 'tackles' or 'flag grabs' per game. He's gotten to play wide receiver, running back, tackle, quarterback, lineman, linebacker, safety and more! He also takes all the kick-offs. As an athletic and good-sized 5th grader in this 4th/5th grade league, Willem has been able to be pretty dominate and having a good team along side him has helped a lot! What I love also about watching Willem, is how aware and smart he is on the field. He directs his teammates a lot and is smart in how he tackles and runs. Mostly, he's having a blast which is fun to see!
Season end update: Willem's team went undefeated, decisively winning the championship game with Willem scoring numerous touchdowns, having numerous 'takles', running back kick off returns and kicking off :-) It's been a fun run!
Standing a lot like his daddy :)
This is a fun series of nine pictures, where Willem intercepts a pass and runs it back 50 or so yards to the 5 yard line, I love how he 'cuts' and stays so low to the ground as he cuts making it tough to grab his flags...
These next four pictures are when Willem faked a throw and then ran the ball in for a td...
Three generations of football players! Grandpa LOVES that Willem is playing football and loves watching him play!
Nev borrowed my nice camera and took some pics of her sis :)
5th Grade Kidsports champs!
Just a cool shot of a late fall game
3 comments:
I love that you took out your good camera (and happily to have inspired you!). I just love your family's spunk and smiles and silliness and genuine-ness. Will looks awesome on the football field, of course! SO cool to watch him out there with him being such a key player too. I SO wish we could be closer to watch his games. That mouth guard looks sweet too ;)
Man I want to watch! Love those muscles showing and what a great sequence of the interception and run back. So fun for Grandpa too :-).
Bummed I only got to watch so little this season. Is this it or will be play next year?
Post a Comment