Thursday, May 2, 2013

2013 CrossFit Games Open Competition

Over a five week period in March and April I competed in my third annual CrossFit Open competition finishing 13th out of 420 participants in the Northwest 40-44 age division and 192nd overall for women in the Northwest out of about 3,300 participants. Though competing each week was pretty nerve-wracking for me with my competitive nature :), it motivated me a ton to keep improving and pushing myself. And, I love the feeling I get after each workout. Plus cheering everyone else on in the gym/box was so much fun. I was hoping to finish top three out of the women in my box (aside from Cheryl who competes individually) which would qualify me for competing on our team at the Regional Games in Seattle (which I did the past two years). But, I finished fourth in our box which qualifies me as the alternate for the team. It was a little disappointing to likely not be able to compete at Regionals this year but it was also motivating. Since the Open finished, I've accomplished several goals I'd set for myself such as getting ring and bar muscle-ups as well as setting several PR's in my lifts and on 'Benchmark' WOD's. I'm looking forward to cheering on my friends and teammates at Regionals and hope that next year I can earn myself a spot to compete again.

 My rankings in the NW for masters and the NW overall; the 3rd place women finisher at my box who was gunning for a spot on the team was Annie Search who, as you can see, finished just 6 spots ahead of me. 2 or 3 more reps on a couple of the 5 Open workouts and I would've place ahead of her. It really is good having someone so close to me to really push me. On another note...to qualify for the World Games as a masters individual I would've had to place top 20 in the world in my age group of over 51,000 women age 40-44. I finished 121st...lots of amazing women my age out there!

 
Competing in Open workout 13.4

Chest-to-bar pull-ups in workout 13.5

I loved having Chad and Elle cheer me on in the workouts. This was me completely exhausted after my second attempt at 13.5 (improved by 5 reps :)

I love that Elle enjoys coming to CrossFit. Here she is cheering me on in 13.1. She'll be competing one of these years!

Rachel came to cheer Lindsey and me on for some of the competition workouts

My niece, Athena, competed and did so awesome placing 5th out of the 32 thirteen and fourteen year old who were brave enough to compete worldwide

Lindsey and me all smiles after both getting our first muscle-up about a month ago!

My first muscle-up caught on camera!




Some pictures of my ring muscle-up

Pics of my first bar muscle-up

More muscle-up pics!

So much fun swinging on the rings and bars!

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

GOOO Sis!! Great job and so fun to follow - thanks for letting me remain the big sis cheering on my little sis!!

MarcusJacob said...

Nice work Teesh! Very impressive!

Amber said...

You're awesome Leticia!! :)