While we where in Disneyland with Genevieve, Cade went to San Fransisco with his soccer team for their first college showcase tournament. Unfortunately Cade could not play due to his fractured back but he still had a good time with his teammates. It was fun getting a few picture texts from him while we were in Disneyland. His team went 1-1-1 at the tournament and the coach and chaperones reported that the boys behaved very well all weekend which was nice to hear :)...
Gabrielle stayed with her friend, Jorja, while we were in Disneyland and she sent me this text message of her poem that she asked me to edit for school. Love, love, love this, especially the line 'I'm from life isn't fair and never give up' (we say both those things a lot at our house) and 'oh my sunshine' as I sang "You Are My Sunshine" a lot to our kids and '8 kids working at 1:00 in the morning' (My siblings and I pulled a lot of night shifts as kids on the dairy). Made my and Chad's day reading this :)
Thanksgiving, Plus Some...
6 years ago
2 comments:
LOVE that poem too!! I'm sure its amazing to see your own kids' writing and all of the things that have shaped them from their perspective. Makes me SO wonder what my kids would write someday...
Wow!
Post a Comment