Happy New Year everyone! We had a fun New Year's Eve party at Dad and Kathleen's again. It was a little quieter than years past with a few sickies (Dad and David) and with some of the older kids heading out early for parties of their own (Roman, Searra & Robert, Denisha) but we still had a great evening. Amber, me and the kids headed to Dad's mid-afternoon, watched football and set up the food. By 6:00 pm the party was going strong with a poker game, lots and lots of great food, ping pong, movies, more cards, pool and lots of kids playing. Herman and Ricki and their five kids celebrated with us (and brought my favorite Dutch treat, olliebollen - yum!!!) and it was really great having Brandy join us in a wicked ;) game of B.S. along with Jason, Liam, Shae and Maddie. At midnight the pans, spoons and other noisemakers where in full-force! Then, after midnight, we got an awesome dance performance by the girls followed by a not-so-awesome dance performance by the boys! Nev and Desi rescued the dancing with a show of their own. The party finally wrapped up around 1:30 am; Athena and Pascal headed home with us for another hour-plus of xbox and chatting (while I did payroll...so I could sleep in the next morning!). It was a great start to 2013! I only took out my iphone for pictures at midnight but managed a few festive, fun shots...

Also wanted to add this collage Amber made of our gingerbread house making on the day before New Year's Eve. Nev's and my poor house feel apart before we even started but luckily Nev didn't mind as she just joined in with Amber and Antonia and loved eating the candy and frosting :). Elle was great, helping Jacoby with their Gingerbread Christmas tree. Thanks to Amber for bringing this tradition to our house. The kids will definitely be asking to do this again next year!
3 comments:
Fun to remember looking back ... I don't think Cade was bored this year :-)
Great job taking some pictures and summarizing the night!! Even though by this point in the holidays I'm all tuckered out by pictures, I always love having a few from New Year's! I'm impressed that you guys stayed still so late after midnight. I'm sad that we missed it, and the girls' and other dances. Mary said that the girls' dance was really good this year too :) Thanks for hosting us again and looking forward to seeing you all again already!!!
Happy, happy New Year! After our time at the beach, this is when I wish we had a blog. Thank you for keeping up with those pictures and posts!
Post a Comment