I have so many blogs posts I want to do about soccer tournaments this summer. Eventually I'll get to them all but for now here's a post on one of my favorite tournaments of the summer which took place last weekend. I love the Bend Premier Cup because it's so beautiful in Bend, because we stay in a house in Sunriver with friends and family (David and kids plus the O'Connors) and because all three of our kids play in the tournament so I get to see them all play.
This year was extra fun because Elle's Athletica team won the U13 Premier division with their 2-1 win over Issaquah FC in the final. Elle played great at defense all weekend and her team went 5-0 with 16 goals for and only 3 against (wins over WUSC of West Linn, Bend Rush, Redding CA, WSA Liberty of Vancouver WA, and Issaquah of the Seattle Area). Her cousin Athena also scored five goals which made it extra fun as well. There team was top out of 8 premier teams and 12 gold teams.
Cade's U15 Boca Jr team made it to the semi-final in the combined U15/U16 Premier age group. They played great against mostly older teams, beating Thelo FC U16 2-0 and tying Northwest Nationals U16 1-1 and CFC U15 1-1. Their loss in the semi's was against a top U16 teams, Bend Rush '96. Cade played great scoring a goal in one of their pool play games.
Willem's U11 Valencia missed playing in the final by 1 goal differential. They team lost their first game pretty badly vs. a tough EFUFC team, but they bounced back with a 2-2 tie vs. Bend Rush Blue and then beat Bend Rush Brazil 5-3. Willem was so much fun to watch. He scored 3 goals throughout the weekend and was awesome in goal which he played half of each game.
Here's are some pictures of the weekend...
Happy cousins after receiving their 'Champion' medals
The weekend wasn't all about soccer; the kids swam in the river most of the four days we were there
And, we rode bikes too which was tons of fun!
On our family bike ride, we made an impromptu stop at the river and we all got in
It's always fun hanging out on the sidelines between games; Saturday was a long day at the field with our first game at 8 am and last at 7 pm. Luckily for the kids, they got rides back back to Sunriver with friends/family once their games were done for the day.
Between games one day, Genevieve, Willem, Chad and I drove to the top of Pilot Butte to check it out. So pretty!
Not sure what they are both doing but it cracked me up that they both did the same pose :)
I couldn't resist :)
The kids all had a blast together at Sunriver!
And, some soccer pictures....
James and Willem
Willem in goal
Cade
Cousins Gabrielle and Athena!
Champions!
4 comments:
What an awesome jam-packed weekend! It sounds like all the kids did well, but especially a congrats to Elle & Athena!! Love the river pictures... and the impressive handstand :))
ditto Amber :-). Congrats to all the kids for playing hard and to Elle and Athena being rewarded with a win!
I think Nev thinks she owns the world with those poses :-) Bummed I missed watching all of them. Love Willem's pics in goal.
So fun to catch up on everything and congrats to all the kids:). Love all of the pictures, especially Nev's cute bare bootie!!! I'm so impressed with how busy you are and what a great job you do at keeping up your blog...super Mom for sure:).
Post a Comment